It can be devastating to discover your washing machine has overflowed and there is water everywhere. Not only does this create a big mess, but it can also be dangerous, since water does not mix with electricity.
It is imperative you know the steps to take for water damage restoration in Springfield Missouri when a washing machine overflows in your home. Taking the right steps and calling the professionals will help to quickly divert the overflow from causing major damages.
Take These Important Steps Right Away
There are a few steps you can take to make sure there are no injuries and your home does not experience any major damages.
1. The first step that needs to be taken is to cut off power to the washing machine. Shut off the breaker to the washing machine immediately. Never attempt to unplug the machine, because this could lead to electrocution.
2. If there are any carpets, rugs, or furniture in the area, try to remove these as soon as possible. They should be placed outside in an area where they can dry safely.
3. Getting the water out of the area is one of the most important steps after the electricity has been shut off. The longer the water stands, the greater the damage will occur. If the water is penetrating the floor, it would be wise to call in our professionals for water restoration services.
4. You will need to remove the clothing from the washing machine. Place a few pieces at a time inside a bucket and then take them to the kitchen sink or bathtub to wring them out.
5. Call a repair technician if the washing machine is malfunctioning. They will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and let you know if it can be repaired or needs to be replaced.
How Can Our Water Damage Restoration Team Help?
When water is everywhere and you do not have enough buckets and mops to clean up the mess, it is important to rely on the professionals for help. PuroClean Certified Restoration has the equipment and training to be able to overcome all types of water problems, from flooding to washing machine overflows.
Our pumps make quick work of your worst water messes. We get the water out fast so the damage can be determined and remediated. We work to make sure your mess is cleaned up and your home is returned to its normal state as fast as possible.
Call PuroClean Certified Restoration today to schedule your emergency water removal services. Not only do we remove the standing water, but we also work to sanitize and dehumidify your home so no further damage occurs. Water is a formative enemy, but we have the tools and skills to bring it under control.
With our water damage restoration services, the mess will be gone and your home will be back to normal again. We are available 24/7 to help you with any water emergency that may arrive. Call our certified technicians today with any questions or concerns you may have.