The combination of rain and warming days during the Spring can provide the perfect combination for mold to gain a foothold in your home. Mold issues that go unchecked can cause a variety of health issues for you and your loved ones.
The best method for how to remove mold from your home is preventing it from ever growing in the first place. If you follow these ten mold prevention tips you should dramatically reduce the chance you will get mold in your home.
1. Check and clean your gutters. This small step can save you a lot of damage expenses down the road.
2. Let a certified professional inspect your HVAC system, with special attention to your drip pans.
3. Patch any roof, foundation or plumbing leaks in the home. Use licensed professions for the best results.
4. Stop condensation in your home by reducing humidity and resetting the thermostat.
5. For indoor plant soil you can mix in a shot of Taheebo tea to your watering can to inhibit mold growth.
6. Insure that the ground slopes away from your homes foundation so that rain water easily washes away.
7. When possible install mold resistant sheetrock, drywall and paint in your home, especially in basements or crawlspaces. This simple step can prevent mold from gaining a foothold.
8. If you experience a flood, all wet areas should be cleaned and dried within forty-eight to seventy-two hours by PuroClean Certified Restoration to insure proper removal.
9. Use exhaust fans to remove the extra moisture produced by showers, cooking, dryers, and dishwashers.
10. Attempt to keep your indoor humidity in the 30 to 50 percent range, which can difficult here in the Ozarks, so consider purchasing a dehumidifier. This step can very important in keeping basements mold free.
These ten tips should help keep mold out of your home. However, if you do find a mold issue, please call PuroClean Certified Restoration so we can quickly and professionally remove it.